by Staff | Oct 19, 2012 1:06 pm
Posted to: Citizen Contributions, Edgewood
There was smoke, but no fire, in an Elm Street house Thursday night. Lots and lots of smoke.
It filled the whole three-family house.
Firefighters got the call at 9:16 p.m., according to Assistant Chief Ralph Black. He said one of the families in the house had a fire going in the fire place—with the damper closed shut. Hence all the smoke.
Black said firefighters eventually cleared the house of smoke using “smoke ejectors,” aka fans. They then checked for carbon monoxide before giving people the all-clear to reenter the house.
Neighbor Nathan Janette sent in these photos and the following additional details:
“Multiple fire trucks were called to 870 Elm Street this evening. ... A grandmother and her grandson were evacuated from their second floor apartment while firefighters used blowers to pull the smoke from the house. No fire damage as reported to the structure.”
Post a Comment
There were no comments