Sections

Neighborhoods

Features

Follow Us

NHI Newsletter

Some Favorite Sites

Government/ Community Links

Fire Displaces 4

by Staff | Nov 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Commenting has been closed | E-mail the Author

Posted to: The Hill

IAF Local 825 Four adults living on Spring Street in the Hill neighborhood had to find new places to sleep after an electrical fire.

Here’s what happened, according to Assistant Fire Chief Ralph Black:

Firefighters responded around 7:25 p.m. Saturday to report of fire and smoke in the attic of the two-and-a-half-story home.

It turned out an electrical fire had started accidentally on the upper floor, then spread “slightly” to the attic.

Firefighters put out the one-alarm fire; one firefighter went to the hospital to have a shoulder checked out. He was OK, Black said.

The firefighter, John Twohill, was hurt while opening walls and a window frame searching signs of the fire’s spread.

None of the four adult occupants of the house was injured. An apartment did sustain water damage. The adults were able to find other places to sleep without needing relocation help from the Red Cross.

Share this story with others.

Share |

Post a Comment

There were no comments

Events Calendar

loading…

SeeClickFix »

Illegal Dumping
Jul 31, 2014 5:52 am
Address: Sidewalk Next To 152 Ferry St New Haven, Connecticut
Rating: 4

there is a pile of trash mattresses and a toilet blocking the sidewalk...

more »
Deafeningly loud generator on food cart
Jul 31, 2014 1:14 am
Address: 1073 Chapel Street New Haven, Connecticut
Rating: 4

The white trailer/food cart parked in front of the yale art museum has a 15000 watt...

more »

PosterWallAdd your Poster

Sponsors

N.H.I. Site Design & Development

smartpill design